Updated December 6, 2020
Here below you will find recommendations for products and resources that I think will interest readers of News in French, and lovers of French language and culture in general. Updated every week or so, I hope this curated list can provide inspiration for gift ideas or help you find the perfect item that has that certain je ne sais quoi. If you have suggestions or feedback, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page contains affiliate links, which means that News in French may receive a small commission if you purchase something — at no extra cost to you. Every cent goes towards producing the daily newsletter. Thanks for your support!
Current Favorites for December — Holiday Edition
- LEGO Paris Skyline kit — Reconstruct the famous landmarks of the City of Lights with over 600 pieces… or, you know, let your nephew do it. [$49.99, Amazon]
- Opinel No.8 Folding Knife — Authentic French style results in this good-looking blade that you’ll be eager to whip out during wine and cheese picnics. [$17, Amazon]
- Let’s Eat France by François-Régis Gaudry — An “encyclopedic (yet playful) celebration of French gastronomy”, according to The New York Times Book Review. [$50, Amazon]
- Le Creuset Cast Iron Dutch Oven — This little 1-quart pot doesn’t skimp on classic quality or beauty. Perfect for anything from oatmeal to soup to casseroles. [$154.95, Amazon]
- Secret Paris Coloring Book — By Parisian illustrator Zoe de Las Cases, these charming pages are the perfect accompaniment to a hot cup of tea and cozying up by the fire. [$11.45, Amazon]
- Map of France by National Geographic — Highly functional yet tasteful enough to hang on a wall, this map will have you poring over myriad details on your favorite country (and its neighbors!). [$24.95, Amazon]